Babar Azam don’t Want to be Compared with Virat Kohli

Don't Compare Me With Virat Kohli Said Babar Azam

Don't Compare Me With Virat Kohli Said Babar Azam


The 24-year-old Pakistani cricketer, Babar Azam, impressed everyone with his consistent performance. He became the fastest batsman in ODI history to break the 3,000-point mark at the 2019 ICC World Cup. Babar reached this decisive milestone in just 68 rounds, breaking the previous record of Indian skipper Virat Kohli with 75 races.

Currently, the sensational Babar Azam is featured in the Vitality T20 Blast for Somerset. He was the tournament's leading scorer with 425 points in 8 innings with an average of over 70. In a recent interview, Babar Azam shared his thoughts on The Captaincy of Pakistan and his comparison with Virat Kohli. Babar said of the team's leadership: "It is up to the Cricket Council of Pakistan to decide who will captain the teams and in what format. The board will decide who the captain or the captains are and the players will respect their choice. "

"I never really considered becoming captain of Pakistan and, in all honesty, all I could think about was playing for my country. I'm not someone who aspires to be captain and I'm more interested in scoring points for Pakistan. Whatever the choice of board, it's the right choice, and in fact, I think Sarfaraz Ahmed is doing well and doing a good job right now," he added.

Babar asked the media and fans not to compare him to Virat Kohli. "I don't think there is any comparisons between us because we are different types of players. I just focus on my stick and my work on my strengths and weaknesses and I don't want to be compared to another cricketer". "I'm sure I speak for most cricketers when I say that the comparisons only concern the fans and the media. We cricketers are not really looking for comparisons or want to be compared to current or former players, because it creates endless pressure." continued Babar.

"As great as it is, I don't want to be compared to Virat or any other cricketer, I just want to win matches for my country, that's my only goal,"" he concluded. Earlier this year, at a PSL promotional event, Babar said he was not yet worthy enough to be compared to Kohli.