Virat Kohli reveals how his fitness helped in his game
Virat
Kohli revealed that there was a time when the opposing team did not consider
him a threat. This motivated him to radically change his lifestyle and become a
dangerous player. The swashbuckling right-hander recently became India's most
successful test captain. Kohli explained how the 2012 Indian tour of Australia
helped him transform into a true fitness icon.
"(There
was a time) When I entered the fight, there was no fear or respect in the
opposition corner," Kohli said on an Internet show about sports,
"Deep with Graham Bensinger."
"I
Didn't want to walk on the ground thinking that the opposition thought this guy
is a back game that won't do any damage. I just didn't want to be another
player because I wanted to make an impact. "
"I
Wanted that when I came in, the teams should think we have to get this guy out,
there's
something wrong with my head," he added.
The
30-year-old said fitness was an integral part of his life and helped improve
his energy levels during the 2019 World Cup. He then explained how he recovered
quickly after the six-week tournament in England.
"During
The World Cup, every energy level of my game was 120%. My recovery was so fast
that the average distance I covered in a match was 15 km. I [Virat]would come back, do
my recovery treatments and travel to another city and soon I [Virat Koli] was ready to train
again.
Played every game at high intensity and never felt like
that before. There was no stiffness in my body. "
Kohli
said his success was based on a lot of work, as he felt he wasn't the most
skillful sportsman.
"I
I knew I wasn't the most qualified athlete when I arrived, but only one constant
task was to work on myself. If the Indian team is to be the best in the world,
it has to act in a certain way. "
"When
we [Kohli and team India] came back from Australia in 2012, I noticed a gap (between us and
Australia). I realized that if we don't change the way we play, train or eat,
we won't be able to compete with the best in the world. "
admitted"No
Need to compete if you don't want to be the best. I wanted to be the best
version of myself and then, based on that vision, my approach to the game
changed," said the Indian rider.

