Umar believes Misbah’s appointment could be beneficial

Umar believes Misbah’s appointment could be beneficial

Umar believes Misbah’s appointment could be beneficial

Umar Akmal, Pakistan's middle-range batsman, said the appointment of Misbahul Haq as head coach of the Pakistan team would be beneficial for the players.

Umar said he had played a lot of departmental cricket with Misbah. "When I started cricket, my models were Misbah and Mohammad Hafeez. They were leading the camp at that time," he said.

"We won various trophies (Misbah and Hafeez) for Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL). My best wishes go to Misbah to become the new head coach. I hope he will play a good role in the Pakistani team," 

Umar said he was available for all three cricket formats, his priority being Pakistan and then the other leagues. "If you play for Pakistan and you perform well, all the leagues come to you. Being part of the Pakistani team sends a positive message to all leagues: he is the player to watch," he said.

Umar Akmal said he is now a changed man and that fans would see a new Umar Akmal when they saw him on and off the field in the future.

"I've Changed a lot and my family has a big role to play in that. I haven't appeared in titles or on social media in three or four years. I am now trying to focus on my training and cricket. I'm trying very hard to limit my activities on the field, and I plan to give more time to cricket and training," he said.

The 29-year-old said he had not had enough chances and hoped the new system would remedy the situation.

helpful
"I Didn't get enough chances. Now that the new PCB system is in place, my best wishes go to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). I hope they will give me a chance and deliver for Pakistan," he said.